Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Reality Check and Culinary Musings

Special Report
As terrible as Hurricane Katrina was, Typhoon Ondoy's impact may be even more profound. Though the loss of life in Manila doesn't compare to the casualties in New Orleans, two million residents have been flooded out of their homes. My wife's sister sent this and other images of her flooded apartment. Onto lighter, less controversial subjects...

A Wife's Place is in the Kitchen
Come on now, I don't really believe that. But I know this: having at least one person in a marriage who really likes to cook is awesome, especially if the other cleans the dishes. In this post I'm going to (a.) describe all sorts of funny stories about my wife's kitchen victories and challenges and (b.) launch into an ettiquette primer for white people attending their first Filipino party.

Blogus Interuptus
That's right, just like those lazy, procrastinating writers on "Lost" who like to stretch one episode's worth of content into 12, I'm continuing this epic post tomorrow, and possibly the day after (hell, it could be a series). Peace out and mabuhay. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment